If you are someone who likes to host people in their backyard, you know how difficult it can be to arrange for good music. Even though there are other factors that you need to arrange for, like the drinks, the food or the light, if there is one thing which is absolutely essential at a party, it is good music. Music brings the party together and gets the people grooving. Of course, you cannot have just any music.
The music at your party has to be loud and bass-heavy, so that everybody feels like dancing and having some fun. If you do not want to host people in your backyard, you can always organise a tailgate party. A tailgate party is one where you gather at an open space and play music out of the back of your car. Sounds fun, doesn’t it? Tailgate parties are the new fad in town and the one thing that you need to organise it, is a tailgate speaker. Tailgate speakers are portable music system units which are powered by batteries and churn out high volume music with a proper bass boost. THe best thing about a tailgate speaker is that it can be carried like a trolley bag and you can set one up literally anywhere.
A tailgate speaker is essentially an entire party on trolley wheels, except for the booze and the food. However, as fun as a tailgate speaker sounds, buying one is a much more difficult and complicated process. Tailgate speakers are expensive and you want to spend your money on the right product. The speaker you choose will be crucial to the success of your party. While there are so many features that tailgate speakers offer today, the most important ones are portability, volume of music, sound of music and the battery life.
If you have these basics sorted, you will be able to buy a decent tailgate speaker for yourself. Of course there are other features that different products provide you with, but if you are shortlisting a few products, then the four main features should be present in all. Here is one product that is probably the best tailgate speaker on the market right now. The QFX PBX-61080BT Bluetooth Portable Tailgate Speaker is the queen bee of tailgate speakers.
QFX is a household name when it comes to electronic products. Over the years it has perfected its innovative products and driven the market. It has products for all types of budgets. It has always focused on providing optimum quality products to its valued customers. This particular tailgate speaker is among the best in the business. It offers wireless bluetooth streaming. Alternatively, music can also be streamed a USB drive or an SD Card. Moreover, the QFX Speaker also comes with radio connectivity.
If you are camping somewhere with the speaker at the back of your car, but are not carrying any music, you can always tune into your favourite FM channel and listen to music. Speaking of listening to music, this particular speaker comes equipped with an 8 inch woofer, which is enough to rattle the metal on your car.
The speaker gets a 36mm pole-mount socket and can be propped up on a stand if you have a large tripod stand. It is powered by a 12V battery which is rechargeable and also comes with twin TRS microphone units. It has a battery life of nearly 6 hours on full charge and with its nifty roller wheels, this tailgate speaker is always ready to head to the party. It is protected by a metal grille covering the speakers, to protect it from any damage. Talking to damage, did we mention that it comes with a 90 day manufacturer’s warranty as well?
- This is among the most famous tailgate speakers in the business.
- QFX as a brand is well-known and trusted by consumers.
- The speaker comes with bluetooth connectivity.
- It can also play music from an external music player via SD card or a USB device.
- The speaker also offers Radio connectivity and can be used to listen to music from any nearby channel.
- It churns out music from a massive 8 inch woofer.
- It also lets you plug in microphones to it using two 1/4inch microphone units.
- It has a 12V rechargeable battery which can run it for nearly 6 hours on optimum volume.
- It gets a metal grille casing for the woofer, handle bars on the side and small roller wheels for ease of use and movement.
- It is sturdy and gets a warranty of 90 days.
- The speaker gets a 36mm pole-mount socket which can be used to prop it up on a stand.
- It is easy to carry and is no bigger than your average trolley bag.
- It can be used as an amplifier for electronic Instruments.
- The product offers extremely well-rounded bass boost.
- It can play music at high volumes without distortions.
- A lot of consumers have faced difficulties when they tried to pair their devices to it via bluetooth.
How to connect the speaker via Bluetooth?
If you are looking for an amazon Bluetooth speaker that will cater to your party needs, you cannot miss out on the QFX PBX-61080BT Bluetooth speaker. This QFX speaker comes with amazing and easy to control features and can be availed at a small speaker price.
Press the play/pause/pair/scan button links or re-links the device to the audio source if the connection is lost. The Bluetooth indicator when turned on blinks for 1.5 minutes looking for devices to connect to.
How to factory reset the QFX PBX-61080BT Bluetooth speaker?
Electronic devices are likely to face some disturbances at times. However, if you are stuck in the middle of nowhere and cannot figure how to reset your tailgate speaker, you can do it easily by pressing and holding down the volume and source knobs together at the same time. This 7 seconds process will lit up the solo and multi indicators. Once you follow these instructions, your speaker will take 1 minute to reset, and you are all set again to feel the bass!
Frequently Asked Questions
1) What separates Bluetooth speakers from WiFi speakers?
When it comes to choosing between Bluetooth speakers with mic and WiFi speakers, the portability factor comes first into consideration. In the case of Bluetooth speakers, it can be carried anywhere with you. After portability, the second factor that should cross your mind would be connectivity. In the case of WiFi speakers, you need a stable WiFi connection for the audio source. However, in the case of Bluetooth speakers, you just need to establish a connection between the device and the audio source.
2) Is it necessary to check the wattage of the speaker you will be spending your money on?
In the case of speakers, the volume is directly proportional to the speaker’s size and wattage. If your speaker has a low wattage, the playing time will be less along with significantly lower sound output. So, if you are looking for a speaker that will make your party come alive, you must look for a large speaker and a high wattage.
3) How important is battery size for Bluetooth speakers?
The size of the battery is something to consider, but it should not affect your decision primarily. In this case, you should look for a speaker that gives you longer playing time. If portability is your primary concern, you can undoubtedly compromise over the battery department.
Buying Guide for Bluetooth Tailgate Speaker
If you are used to throwing random parties and want to upgrade your old tailgate speaker, you probably already know what to look for in a tailgate speaker. However if you are someone who is yet to explore the world of woofers on-the-go, you will find yourself overwhelmed by the sheer number of products and the various features that all those have. It is very difficult for an amateur to understand and decipher the technical specifications of the speakers and you might end up buying a product that you do not want or one that does not solve your needs.
There are many companies that manufacture tailgate speakers and most of these speakers look extremely attractive. They have colorful exteriors and come in shapes that look modern and stylish. While all that is alright, the real features of a tailgate speaker are on the inside. There are so many specifications that such a speaker has. The first thing you need to do is figure out what exactly you are looking for in your speaker. Deciding on which specifications you want or need is the first step to getting the perfect product for yourself.
Once you have decided on what exactly you want, go through the list of products that match your features and then select the one that provides the best value for your wallet. Here are a few things you need to keep in mind while buying a tailgate speaker:
- The wattage is one of the most important factors to be kept in mind. You need to figure out how big an area you want to cover. It is usually considered enough to have one watt for every square metre of area. However this becomes difficult in case of open spaces. You need to decide the wattage of the Speaker you want.
- Ease of carrying is another important feature. While most tailgate speakers have handles and wheels to help you carry them, some others are small enough to fit into your backpacks. You should check which kind of speaker suits your needs.
- Obviously a very important feature that cannot be missed is the battery life of the product. You want to buy a product that has a relatively long battery life so that you can keep the party going for hours at a stretch.
- You buy a speaker to be able to dance to music. It goes without saying that the quality and volume of music is important when it comes to selecting the speaker. The highest volume at which it can play music without distorting and the bass boost that it offers are important features.
- Everybody has a different budget that they allocate for the tailgate speaker. You need to make sure that the product that you choose fits your budget.
- The company that you buy your speaker from is also crucial. There are many companies that sell bluetooth speakers which do not necessarily last very long. Make sure you choose a company that can be trusted.
- It might be wise to compare the warranties that the different manufacturers are offering on their products. Warranties are a good way of figuring out the quality of the physical product.
If you go through the buying guide you will find that multiple tailgate speakers fit the bill. However that is where you will have to decide which product is best for you. There is no particular formula which can help you choose a speaker. There are so many good products out there. You might also find products that you personally liked a lot but those do not necessarily fit your needs. At the end of the day music is something that belongs to the heart. It is important to buy that product which your heart wants, even if it does not match your needs exactly. Go through the buying guide and the product description of the QFX Portable Tailgate Speaker and then decide for yourself.